Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Tiger

All is well at the homestead. All except the fact that Zachary has recently decided that he is the boss.

Zachary: No!
Me: You are NOT the boss. Who is the boss?
Zachary: We all can be the boss.
Me: No sir, you may not be the boss.
Zachary: But I like to be the boss.
Me: Then you will like to sit in timeout.
Zachary: But I don't like to be the boss.

This is pretty much daily. I am glad, however, that he is actually glad to see me after school at this point. His combination of mania and crankiness has subsided. I think his sister is relieved as well, mostly because she doesn't have to dodge any flying backpacks or leftover snacks upon his arrival.

Business is good. I am thoroughly enjoying my new job, and Zachary is thoroughly enjoying getting temporary tattoos. He thinks he is very fancy. He does not enjoy getting his face painted, mostly because he has to hold still for that. We tried to paint him as a tiger when I first started, but it quickly went awry with his talking, laughing and moving. I had to make so many "fixes" on his face that he ended up looking like he had two black eyes.

Elaina is doing really well. We took her in for her 15 month appointment yesterday. She always does really well with her shots. What can I say? Girls are tougher than boys. She gets her shot and only screams for a second; the minute she sees her sucker she's silent. It's a beautiful thing.

I am really enjoying this early Spring that we are experiencing. I am hoping that God forgot about Winter altogether...I am sure there is no such luck.

Love!

No comments: