Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Deer

For me it's hit and miss in the blogging world. I'll be very on top of it for roughly a week, and then BOOM! Nothing. By this time, Mr. Bear has already had another "hot date" and my fingers didn't even have time to tell you about it. This time, he actually told the class "I took him on a hot date," to which the teacher replied, "It was very hot?" Upon reading that we had a bonfire, she concluded that it must have been what he was referring to, when in fact, it wasn't. He was sure that a "hot date" is what it meant when you take someone somewhere for fun.

Either way...I'm sorry it's been so long! I am, however, grateful that I get such positive feedback from this blog! It makes it totally worth writing, and so I thank all of you for that.

Next on the agenda is that I have started a new business. Shocking, I know, that I would start something new. Most of you are probably thinking that this will turn out to be another one of my "flings", but only time can tell. Maybe it will! Hopefully it won't. It's going well so far. It enjoy it very much and love what I am doing. It's stressful, but more of a good stress than bad. I go to work my first actual event last night and was rather successful. I am looking forward to the next.

I know that the Zachary stories are always everyone's favorite, so I have yet another that some of you may have not heard.

We stayed at my mom's house on Wednesday because I needed to work in Kalamazoo on Thursday morning. This was the conversation that took place on Thursday before leaving:

Zachary: Can I ride in your car?
Mimi: No, I need to go to work and my car is in the shop because it was hit by a deer.
Zachary: Was it one of Santa's deer?
Mimi: No, it was just a regular deer.
Zachary: What kind was it?
Mimi: It was just a girl deer.
Zachary: Was it the kind that like to get hit by cars?
Mimi: Yes, I suppose it was.

Where does he get this?! LOL I actually heard this entire conversation and couldn't help but laugh. Especially because at this point he is sure one of Santa's deer has been injured or killed on top of the fact that he knows if he doesn't be "good" that Santa won't come! I think he's pretty sure Christmas could be good or bad this year. He'd better shape up if he's planning on getting any presents. Santa and I go WAY back!

No comments: