Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Bear

What a day. Preschool? Check. Headache? Check. At least Zachary isn't quite as grumpy today because he got to bring Mr. Bear home. Mr. Bear is the class "pet" that each child gets to bring home the night before their "special helper day". They are supposed to take him on an adventure of sorts, write about it in the Mr. Bear book and bring him back to school the next day.

Me: Zachary, are you excited that Mr. Bear is coming home with us?
Zachary: Yes!
Me: What are we going to do with him?
Zachary: I think...how 'bout...take him on a hot date.

Instead, we took him to the park. We didn't want to take him anywhere too fancy for our first meeting. We don't want him to think it's serious.

Since I picked up the boy, the bear has not left his side. He even played football with Tim and Zachary in the back yard. He needs some practice on his catching, however.

Unfortunately, we had another incident with Zachary yesterday. Another week of preschool, another injury. I have been repeatedly telling him that he MUST wear shoes outside and he repeatedly fails to listen. I think he finally figured out that mom's know everything yesterday when he stepped on a rock and I found him standing in a pool of his own blood, screaming. Luckily he didn't need stitches. I was thinking that if I took him back to urgent care they were going to think that we don't actually have a family doctor. We are regulars over there, but my children only like to get injured after hours.

Off to make dinner.

No comments: