Monday, September 13, 2010

The Fruity Pebbles

It's been an exciting ride lately, and by exciting I actually mean exhausting. I was seriously considering selling my son on E-bay last Friday. Well, I don't know if I can actually call it selling since I was going to pay someone to take him. I was one "why?" away from insanity. I continue to reassure myself that "things could be worse!"

As usual, Tim is still finding ways to wrench my nerves. Much to his dismay, I have to share this in hopes that it will make him refrain from doing it. Let me start by saying that we have one bathroom. One, and only one, and it is one thing on a long list of many that I don't love about this house. It is rather smallish and the toilet sits relatively close to the tub. Now, in the evening I love nothing more than soaking in a hot bath, but for some reason Timothy's bowels think that my bathing is the perfect time to let loose. Actually, it doesn't matter what time of day it is. Morning, noon, or nighty-night, his bowels always respond accordingly to me in the bath. The MINUTE I get into the tub, it's time. "Seriously? You didn't know that you had to go two minutes ago before I got into the tub?" Have I mentioned I am raising three kids?

On another note, I felt my true age the other day. For some reason we were talking about the Flintstones when my Uncle Joe said, "You know, I bed my kids don't even know who the Flintstones are." I couldn't believe that it could be true, so I turned to my 10 year old cousin, Kyla.

Me: Do you know who the Flintstones are?
Kyla: Yeah! I know who they are.
Her Mom: Like Pebbles and Bam-Bam? You know them?
Kyla: Duh, yeah, I know them.
Me: So you can sing the song?
Kyla: No. I eat their cereal.

The fact that this child thinks that the Flintstones came about just to pose on a box of Fruity Pebbles makes me feel less than young.

I am so glad that the Fall weather has finally rolled around. I am enjoying it very much and so are my kids. Of course, we all know that Zachary would live outside if I would allow it, but Elaina cannot stand the heat. She is very happy that she can get outside now to enjoy her daily intake of wood chips.

Zachary just found the band-aids so I must go and de-mummify him. Here's to a happy Monday. Cheers!

No comments: