Friday, September 28, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Well, as most of you know, the count-down is on. 23 days from today, Zachary, Katie (Jonathan's girlfriend) and I will be flying back to Michigan. Although I am very excited about this, I am not so excited about the week that precedes this event.

It all starts on a Thursday. Tim graduates, then a class lunch. Then Friday we will be taking Jonathan and Katie down-town, then a going-away lunch with Tim's shop, and that evening we have to get ready for the movers to come. Saturday morning, they will come and pack up all of our stuff. While they are doing this, we are going to try and clean the house as best we can. We were going to hire a maid service but decided it wouldn't be worth the money. On Saturday night we will be staying in a hotel and then Sunday we all fly out. However, on Monday, the movers have to come again to load all of our stuff and then we have to work out getting our carpets cleaned. What a head-ache. Not to mention, I have to prepare for the movers to get here. You know, get everything that goes together in one place. Otherwise, they just pack it up as is and you have to sort it all out when you are unpacking.

At this point I pick something up and think "will I ever use this -or- do I want to have to find a place for this in our new house?" If the answer is no, then I pitch it. However, my husband has become a garbage picker. "Liz, why are you throwing away this perfectly good glove I don't have a match for? Why are you getting rid of this plastic piece-of-junk bagel cutter I have never used? Liz! These are perfectly good shoelaces that have practially rotted out of my shoes once already." The man has gone nuts. He can't seem to part with his "junk". I say THROW IT OUT! I'll buy you some new shoelaces.

That's all for now. I'm glad it's the weekend although Tim and I don't get to see each other much since he is so busy with his study group. I will be so glad when this is over.

I love you all and hope you have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Misti said...

Timmy needs to go on one of those cleaning shows where they get people to part with meaningless junk!