Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Day Off

It's amazing how much a "day off" from children will rejuvenate me. This morning I am feeling full of energy. Beautiful day, great to be alive.

I made a trade with my dear friend Debbie. Babysitting for house cleaning. She even kept them over night! It was fabulous to have a date with my husband, even though I ended up losing some points on my diet for drinking margaritas. Every point was worth it. Now, this morning, I am relaxing, I am not cleaning the house, and I am not doing laundry. I am enjoying the peace and quiet. The mess will still be there tomorrow, and a moment of sanity is a rare and precious jewel.

On the way down yesterday Zachary had a peach for breakfast. I offered to cut it up for him and take the pit out, but he resisted. I wanted it "big". We got into the car and he took two bites and told me he was done. I asked why he didn't eat it. He told me it was because there was poop in it. I assured him that there was no poop and that it was just a pit, but he insisted that there was poop inside and he needed to throw it out the window. I don't know if it was the poop or the excitement of throwing something out the window, but sometimes you have to choose your battles. I rolled down the window, turned up the radio and counted down the seconds to my freedom. Life is good.

No comments: