Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Fanny

So other than the severe butt rash, this week has been pretty good. I don't have much to complain about, and to me that is a good sign. And Elaina's fanny is on the mend, so that is good too. She had a yeast infection, and after four calls to the doctor and one trip in, they finally gave her a cream that worked.

I can't believe next week is Christmas already. It truly feels like I just finished weeding my garden. Then I look out and AH! Snow! My poor rose bushes. I keep saying that "I need to get out there and winterize my plants." I think it's a little late at this point, so I am hoping for the best. I think that Tim is too since I spent our life savings on "nesting" in my foliage this summer.

I have most of my shopping done. I have a few things left to get and hopefully that will be done today. Everything is wrapped and ready to go. I am so excited to see Zachary's face on Christmas morning. I can't wait.

He has become quite the negotiator. The other night he was on his way to the bath and had every train that he owned in hand. I said, "Mr. McClelland, I think maybe ONE train is enough." "Two trains?" He asked. "Yes, two trains will be fine. Choose the ones that you want." He grabs a hand full. "How many trains did I say you could take?" His response... "One, two....three!" I think you can see where that was going.

This getting in my bed also needs to stop. At first, he would cry and we would hear him. We would go downstairs and he would just tell us that he needed to get in our bed. Then he started coming upstairs and just getting in. The other morning, I actually woke up with a two year old laying on top of me and I had no idea how he had gotten there. The issue really started about three days ago when it was 1:30am. He came upstairs, turned on the light and yelled "I need to watch Thomas!" AHH!!! I think when he turned on the light I actually said out loud, "are you serious?" Where is the how-to manual for these issues?

1 comment:

Kari said...

Our roses survived the winter here without being weatherized... what they didn't survive was the wrath of my father-in-law "trimming" them back (to the ground)!