Friday, December 18, 2009

The Pants

From the time your children are born until the time...well, let's say now, for me anyway, you don't really watch what you say. I mean, you do in some ways, but the occasional curse word comes out while the kids are around, in high hopes that they cannot yet comprehend what you are saying, therefore never repeating it.

Well, today Zachary came out of the bathroom with no pants on and said, "Mommy, I shit on my pants." I said, "What?"...thinking I clearly am misunderstanding him. "I shit on my pants, I shit on my pants, I shit on my pants." "Zachary, are you saying that you shit on your pants?" "Yes!"

He in fact did not "shit" on his pants, he did poop in the potty and needed his butt wiped. I am not sure if he was just saving this little phrase up for the right moment, or what, but he surely thought that it was the right time to use it. Lucky for me, no cleaning up of any "shit" and I'll be more cautious about what comes out of my mouth.

No comments: