Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Late Night Potty

It looks as though I haven't blogged since a little before Christmas. So much to say!

Well, it was a good one, and a happy new year thus far. My kids are still out of whack from traveling to and from Kalamazoo about a bagillion times, but they are recovering. Example:

(last night)

9pm
Zachary: (comes upstairs) I need to go potty
Me: Okay, you may.
Zachary: You needa come Mommy.
Me: No, you go ahead. You can do it.

Zachary: I did a dirt dog. I need my butt wiped.
Me: Okay (wipes butt and puts him back to bed)

9:05 pm
Zachary: (comes upstairs) I need to go potty.
Me: Shocker.
Zachary: You needa come Mommy.
Me: No, go in and go. You can do it.
Zachary: I did a dirt dog. I need my butt wiped.
Me: Okay (wipes butt) Now it's time to stay in bed. (takes him back down)

9:08
Zachary: (comes upstairs) I need to pee.
Me: No you don't.
Zachary: I need to pee, I need to pee...
Me: Okay, GO, quickly.
Zachary: (pushes as hard as he can to get out a very tiny pee and a tiny poop) I did a dirt dog. I need my butt wiped.
Me: OMG Okay (wipes butt) STAY IN YOUR BED.

9:15
Zachary: (comes upstairs)
Me: What did I say?
Zachary: Stay in the bed only
Me: Right, why are you up here?
Zachary: I need to go pee.
Me: Go back to your bed.
Zachary: I needa go potty.
Me: Ugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

9:20
Zachary: (comes upstairs)
Tim: Let me guess, you need to pee?
Zachary: Yep-o-yep
Me: No you don't. Go to BED or I am closing you door.
Zachary: Noooo! Door open! Door open!
Me: Then go to bed!
Zachary: I need to go potty! (squeezes out literally ONE droplet of pee)
Me: Stay in this bed or I will shut the door. We are done going potty.

This continued until about 11pm. Eventually I did have to shut the door after the last time.

11pm
Zachary: (comes upstairs)
Me: What NOW?
Zachary: I need ice cream, Mommy!
Tim: He needs ice cream, Mommy!

We both started laughing so hard. I took him to bed, and with a tantrum and the shutting of his door, he did finally go to sleep. Needless to say, he slept until 10:30 this morning.

More blogging later. Zachary is trying to be the boss...I know that may shock you.

No comments: