Monday, January 11, 2010

The Swim Class

Yesterday was Zachary's first Mommy and me swim class! It was so exciting. We go to the YMCA near us (otherwise known as the closest one, which is 20 minutes away). Elaina went to the daycare which was completely full of babies. Babies, babies, everywhere. It was a mad house! It was a Monday, and it is right after the New Year. It's busy for now but I am thinking the resolutions will die off quickly.

It was so wonderful to spend some one-on-one time with my son. I loved it, and he was so well behaved. I think we both enjoyed it equally. We did 'the wheels on the bus' and the kids went up and down, and the wheels went round and round, and the horn went splash, splash, splash. It was great. There are five children in the class, and of course, mine was the best. He even jumped into the water by himself (with a float belt on) and, after applause, did it again! I was so proud and we were both exhausted. I even took a two hour nap yesterday.

One thing we did during the class was play with sink toys. They were cut into the shape of animals and Zachary got the hippo. She had them put the sink toy down on the steps and they had to reach down to pick it up, putting their ear and cheek in the water. That was his favorite part. After that, during all of the other activities, all I heard was, "I need the hippo. I wanna play that hippo. I need him, mommy. I need the hippo." The teacher (Miss K.) let him give the hippo a ride on his belly while he was floating on his back. It was very exciting.

What a great day in mommy-land. What will today bring? Hopefully a clean house.

No comments: