Friday, January 8, 2010

The Rock and the Song

It's a great morning thus far. Elaina just went down for her first nap of the day, Zachary is 'playing his trains' and I am getting a cup of coffee and having some time to blog, just for you. Fun times for all!

Zachary finally stayed in his own bed last night. It was wonderful. He did come get me up at about 8:30, but who can complain about that? I mean, don't get me wrong, I was complaining to myself in my head when he did it because I was wanting more sleep, but still. Miss Elaina Rose has been enjoying her sleep as well. She gets up a little in the morning hours wanting her paci, but that's really about it. She doesn't force me to get her out of the bed until about 8 or 8:30, so that is nice.

There isn't much to talk about today. Last night, I asked Zachary if he was tired.

Zachary: No.
Me: Yes you are.
Zachary: No I'n not.
Me: Yes you are.
Zachary: No I'n not.
Me: Tell me the truth. Are you tired?
Zachary: Yes I'n tired. I needa song. I needa be rocked.

As much as I want him to fall asleep in his bed, by himself, I know that there aren't that may precious moments left. I mean, really, how long does your child want you to rock them and sing them a song? I just imagine myself 10 years from now, longing for it. So I do it. And every night I sing 'tinkle tinkle' and 'wock-bye baby' and it's a great end to a long day.

No comments: