Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Sunny Day

It's a great day. Zachary just helped himself to a 12 cup bowl of watermelon and Elaina loves batteries. Seriously, she can sniff them out like nothing I have ever seen. It doesn't help that Zachary's trains go through them like water. Then he just leaves them on the floor. I know, you're shocked.

We have done so much since we woke up this morning. Lots of firsts. First farmer's market trip of the season. We ended up with watermelon, asparagus, tomatoes, cookies and a tomato plant. There was even a man strummin' his ole banjo. I asked him if he was in the kitchen with Dinah, and he just looked at me like I was crazy. Okay, I made that last part up, but he really did have a banjo.

It was so beautiful out this afternoon that we also had our first encounter with the sprinkler. Zachary was less than impressed with the fact that the water was giving him hypothermia, so we went on a hunt for his pool so we could fill it and let it warm in the sun. I found it in the top of the garage and it is too big for me to get it down by myself. I found the sled in the backyard and filled that up with water instead. I told him it would have to do until daddy gets home. He told me. "Why? All you need is a ladder." I guess it makes me feel good that he thinks I'm supermom, but this supermom isn't risking her life for a kiddie pool.

When we came in the house for lunch, he had stripped out of his shorts and spent a couple of hours in the nude. Once he finished, he got one his fireman rain boots and his metallic blue helmet (yes, that's all) and told me he was going back for more swimming. I told him that I thought some shorts would be a good idea.

No comments: